Web to Field 1
Web to Field 2
Sharing responsibility for food quality and safety in horticultural production from developing
To assist small scale growers in developing countries to gain or maintain international market
access by meeting food safety and quality requirements
- to improve dialogue between standard setting (retailers and consumers) and standard
implementing actors from the South (growers and exporters),
- to assist in harmonising and interpreting existing standards in order to include the needs
of small-scale growers, and
- to identify first steps, proposals and policies for increasing small scale growers share in
export production (e.g. access to information, technology gaps, certification).
A workshop is organised to provide the opportunity for representatives of relevant European
institutions, NGO's, the private sector, and partners from developing countries to identify a
common strategy to assist small scale growers in developing countries to gain or maintain
international market access by meeting food safety and quality requirements.
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (German Corporation for International
- Wageningen University and Research Centre: LEI (Agricultural Economic Research Institute) and
IAC (International Agricultural Centre)
Workshop Report [ws-food-safety.pdf, 120 KB].
IAC: Huub Stoetzer or IPMEurope secretariat